An annual robotics competition for teams of 2 to 4 kids (Big KIDS too) in Roboquerque, NM.
- Elementary (grades 3-5),
- Middle (grades 6-8),
- High School (grades 9-12), and
- Big KIDS (beyond HS up to age 99)
Robot Challenges: a-MAZE-ING, Jousting, Line Following, Triathlon, Fire Fighting, Aerial and Robotovate®-The Entrepreneurial Challenge. Descriptions below:
- a-MAZE-ing Challenge(open to Elementary, Middle, and High School kids) is an autonomous robot traversing a raised track without any external sensor.
- Line Following Challenge (open to Elementary, Middle, High School and Big KIDS) is an autonomous robots using light sensor(s) to follow a 1/2” (Elementary, Middle School) or 1/4" (High School, Big KIDS) black line to a tower, deliver a payload, and return home;
- Jousting Challenge (open to Elementary, Middle School) is two Knights pass each other and try to knock the other off their platform first;
- Triathlon Challenge (open to Middle School kids only) is for teams to use one robot base that is modified to complete the a-MAZE-ing, Jousting, and Line Following Challenges.
- Fire Fighting Challenge (open to Middle, High School and Big KIDS) is an autonomous robot seeks out and extinguish candles (both in the open and behind short walls) using various sensors.
- Aerial Challenge (open to Middle, High School and Big KIDS) is a remote controlled drone that can complete an obstacle course under 3 minutes.
- Robotovate®-The Entrepreneurial Challenge (open to Middle School, High School and Big KIDS) is a remote controlled or autonomous robotic device representing a new product for the market place. Teams are selected based on their ability to 'market' their product to the public to earn their vote of approval. In 2016, over $12,000 will be awarded to the top 15 teams.
Registration: $50/robot team until September 30, 2015. $75/robot team from October 1, 2015 till December 31, 2015; $100/robot team from January 1 - April 1, 2016; $150 / robot team from April 2 - May 4, 2016; $200 / robot team from May 5-7, 2016. REGRISTRATION for BEFORE EVENT POINTS is April 1, 2016, 6:00pm MST.
Sponsors: State of New Mexico Legislature, Intel, Los Alamos National Labs, NM Tech University, Sandia National Labs, El Paso STEM Foundation, City of Albuquerque, Dekker/Parich/Sabatini, NAIOP, SMG, and private individuals.
The EVENT: May 5-7, 2016 at the Roboquerque Convention Center.
- Thursday May 5: 8a - 5p for check-in, practice runs, field trips to UNM. Open to the public; tickets available at the door a
- Friday, May 6: 8:00A –5:00P for the 15th Annual RoboRAVE International. Open to the public; tickets available at the door. This year the public will be voting for the best Robotovate® Challenge winners, too!
- Saturday, May 7: 8:00A –Noon; Tournaments from 1:00p to 2:30p:00 This year the public will be voting for the best Robotovate®- The Entrepreneurial Challenge on Friday and Saturday!
Check us out at www.roboquerque.org or call Inquiry Facilitators, Inc. at 505.867-2007. We are anticipating over 1800 participants at our 15th Annual RoboRAVE International from 12 countries.